Friday, February 11, 2011

Things have been pretty slow- bad weather cancelled my January 29 match in Keyser,Wv....I hate winter!

I will be quite busy, however, on Saturday, March 5, as I will be wrestling TWICE that evening: CPW in Romney,Wv @ the Romney Middle School, & IPE at the Hedgesville Fire Dept in Hedgesville,Wv-I hope to see you all at at least one of these exciting events.

I have been blogging less lately, largely due to a lack of access to the internet- they have blocked off a wide variety of websites at work, blogspot being one of them-which I find preposturous.

I realize most of you do not have the ability to access such things from your work, but, in my primary job, I sell cars. Cars salesmen, during the winter, have ALOT of down time. There are only so many hours a day you can spend attempting to get your previous clients to trade in the car they bought 6 months ago for a newer,updated model...thats where prime internet access comes in handy.

The very notion that I'd rather spend my whole day on the computer,yammering away about whatever to whomever, instead of earning my living, is ridiculous. Yet, to listen to members of management talk, thats precisely what I  & others would prefer to do!

Note to employer: as "generous" as it is that you pay me $7.25 per hour for 40 hours (that I of course have to pay back out of my commissions at the end of every month) I am, in fact, unable to sustain my own standard of living, and provide adequately for my children, on that cool $1100 per month.

Thus, I need to sell- so, that being said, are you REALLY that arrogant to believe the money I'm spotted is sufficient??  And, if so, what color is the sky in YOUR world???

******************************************
My brother,Shawn, the author of the entertaining blog "Thoughts of RS",wrote a piece yesterday on former Middleweight boxing champion Carlos Monzon, & his claim that monzon was the greatest middleweight champion of all time.

Monzon was prior to my time, but I've heard this topic from my brother since I was 12, but in my opinion, Marvelous Marvin Hagler was the greatest middleweight champion ever- and not just because he was my favorite fighter,either.

I don't know if the opposition Hagler faced was inferior or superior to the competition of Monzon, I'm basing this on the sheer domination of the opposition- bonus points go for Hagler participating in the most exciting boxing bout i had ever witnessed, his legendary showdown with Thomas "Hitman" Hearns ( who was amongst my brothers favorite fighters)

I still maintain that Hagler truly defeated Sugar Ray Leonard in what turned out to be the final fight of Marvelous' career- Sugar Ray was truly an all time great, but, as watching the tape years later showed, every round of the fight went something like this: 1) Hagler scores convincingly 2) Leonard runs 3) in the last 10 seconds,Leonard steps in & flurries, which somehow convinced 2 of the 3 judges that night that he was "dictating & controlling" the pace of the fight. Bulls**t!

I lost a fair amount of interest in boxing after Hagler's controversial loss- not all, but alot, to the point that today, I probably couldn't name 10 active fighters, If they weren't active 20 years ago, which is much more common now than back then.

Until next time.....
SSS

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would be the one person alive that would have known that what I was writing about even if you disagreed!!

    I just see a Monzon -Hagler bout coming off as a chess match,not a "pier six"brawl.
    Hagler always struggled with tall fighters (I know the Hearns fight was great,but the exception) and I see him being tentative with the larger fighter also being the superior puncher.
    The somewhat tentative Hagler that showed so much respect to the smaller Roberto Duran would be forced show even more to the heavier hitting Monzon and his weaknesses that are shown against the crude and strong John "the Beast" Mugabi, would be more apparent against Monzon.
    I don't think Monzon stops Hagler unless by cuts,but I like Monzon by a reasonably clear cut decision....

    Boxing is a great sport that continually shoots itself in the foot.
    I have ideas in how to help fix it at http://thoughtsofrs.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-hbo-sent-boxing-down-road-to.html

    Thanks for the plug,now we have to teach you to link to my page and allow others to read with a click!!!

    ReplyDelete