Wednesday, December 15, 2010

HULK WEDDING NEWS & AN ANTECDOTE

I'd like to take a moment to thanks those of you who have left messages & comments regarding my return to the "blogosphere".....as for the advice passed onto me by my brother to have fun, I absolutely will- I cannot see myself writing everyday out of a sense of obligation to the dozen rubes who might reading this on a daily basis....lol

Sorry to hear about the death of 1960s wrestling star Hans Mortier. Mortier, real name Jacob Grobbe, was a native of The Neatherlands, and was one of the top and frequent challengers of WWWF ( now WWE) kingpin Bruno Sammartino during Bruno's remarkable 8 plus year run as WWWF Champion.

Rumor hill has it that a huge brawl broke out at Hulk Hogan's wedding to Jennifer "She looks alot like my daughter, brother" McDaniel earlier today . Apparently, a photographer was trying to get a photo for some rag ( not for this blog,as was suggested by a friend; I would have just called Valentine, whos likely in attendence lol) when a employee intercepted him & bedlam ensued.
The jokes are just too plentiful here, but knowing HH's reputation, I instantly thought this smells like some type of business....

On a related topic, there has been no confirmation as of yet that the Hulkster's best buddy, Ed "Brutus the Barber Butcher Booty Man Beefcake" Leslie will get to do the "honors" with the immortal Ones new wife, since HH just recently had back & hip surgery......but, knowing The Man With NO Talent, he'd probably miss the finish, if you know what I mean.....

TRUE STORY: many years ago, in a galaxy not so far away, I had the "Privilege" of working with the aforementioned Mr Leslie at an event in Clear Spring,MD. Actually, my good friend Switchblade was to face him in the main event that night, and I was to "manage" Blade. SPOILER: if you still think pro wrestling is "REAL", please stop reading now! I don't want to ruin anything for you that hasn't been uncovered weekly for the past 15 years.......

........

........

Ok, now that everyone except the highly informed are gone, I can finish....anyway, we approached Bruti to go over a few things regarding the match, and, to our surprise, he was a absolute prick; he literally waved us away, as though we were bothering him with wanting to put on a good match ( maybe he didn't know thats what we wanted, since he had never been in one) Anyway, about 10 minutes before we go to the ring, he comes to us with his ideas....and upon listening, it sounded like pretty much everything I had ever watched him do...which is cool, theres nothing wrong with that at all-its not uncommon for the "stars" to have a stock & trade bout they do every weekend while they are on the Independents- its easier & safer for them, since they most likely aren't familiar with the guy(s) they are working that night.

The surprise here, even though these were A) his ideas  B) he told us a mere 10 minutes before we walked out before 400 people  & C) we had all seen this stuff before, Ol' Dizzy couldn't remember ANY of the stuff that he wanted to do. It was so bad, that I literally smacked my hand AT LEAST a dozen times on the mat, to let him know he was supposed to stomp my hand, per HIS instructions! 

The BEST part, however, was when the match was over, he came back and chasized us for messing up! Unbelievable! and that, my friends, is why I have told everyone that Beefcake is the biggest dickhead in the history of the wrestling business! And theres only one other close candidate- but I'll save that for another day.

Thats all for now- maybe more later, depending on how busy work is today!

SSS

1 comment:

  1. Just tell Him to take a walk along the beach...Ohhh wait.. that may be bad

    ReplyDelete